To act on behalf of the OCC members, Board of Directors and citizens of Ottawa as a leading independent voice towards advocacy and proactive policy development, in order to impact and influence positive changes in local transport services and infrastructure.
The Committee will focus on and support public and private transportation initiatives which produce value for money, raise the profile of the City and be of maximum benefit to taxpayers.
• Advocate for innovative transportation initiatives: local, provincial and federal;
• Provide the Chamber Executive with advice by which policy decisions concerning transportation can be made;
• Provide input on current issues regarding transportation;
• Make presentations to various groups concerning the Chamber’s views on transportation issues;
• Formulate resolutions for presentation to the Ontario and Canadian Chambers of Commerce.